LATRA Consumer Consultative Council (LATRA CCC) is established under section 29 of the Land Transport Regulatory Authority [ LATRA] Act No. 3 of 2019. LATRA CCC is an equal opportunity employer and intends to recruit qualified, competent, dynamic and self-motivated Tanzanian to fill the position of Executive Secretary:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare Council’s strategic plans, action plans, budgets and annual reports:
- To monitor and evaluate the overall progress of programmes and action plans for the Council:
- To consult with the Government, LATRA and all stakeholders in rail, road and cable transportation:
- To initiate and develop research proposals to achieve set targets:
- To formulate/design, for approval by the Council, action plans aimed at achieving the objectives of the These may include surveys and researches on consumer related issues;
- To liaise with donors, Government, civil society representatives and individuals for strengthening the linkage between the Council and these bodies/ institutions and individual consumers;
- To consult with other Consumer Councils in the Country and Abroad, and advise the Council on issues being consulted;
- To organize in consultation with the Chairman of the Council meetings/workshops/seminars;
- To supervise subordinate staff; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Council;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in one of the following fields; Business Administration, Public Administration, Transport Management, Logistics, Human Resource Management, Law, Economics, Finance, Transportation Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Transportation Planning, or related qualification from any recognized
- The candidate must have working experience of at least ten (10) years out of which two (2) years should be at managerial
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
All applicants must:
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity and professionalism
- Possess good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines
- Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful candidate will be employed on four (4) year contract including six months of probation, renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter should indicate the Reference Number (Ref. No.001) of the application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of relevant Certificates, Transcripts, and names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATION
Application should be submitted to the address below not later than 1500 hours of Tuesday 7th March 2023. Any application received after the due date will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for Interview. NOTE: Applicants are requested to arrange for their own transport and accommodation expenses relating to attendance of interview.
LATRA CONSUMER CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL,
VICTORIA HOUSE, 9TH FLOOR,
P O BOX 14154
DAR ES SALAAM.
Leave a Reply