- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Bodyguard Coordinator (All Interested Candidates)
- Open Period:
- 02/23/2023 – 03/09/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0701 7
- TZS TSh29,568,947
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week – work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Bodyguard Coordinator in the Regional Security Section.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- 25% or less
Administrative and Technical Supervision of the BGU (70%)
The incumbent provides administrative and technical supervision of the BGU. The BG Coordinator proactively monitors daily and weekly move requests to develop daily and long-term staffing matrixes that efficiently meet the operational demands of the Mission. The incumbent is responsible for developing a staffing matrix that equitably manages BG personnel availability while ensuring adequate coverage. The daily operations matrix must be developed in an equitable and transparent manner that maximizes the efficient use of personnel and resources, while minimizing overtime expenditures and reducing BG fatigue. The incumbent schedules personnel and resources to adequately support protective security missions throughout Tanzania. The incumbent is responsible for proactively addressing movement requests and assigning the proper security assets, ensuring post’s movement security posture iscommensurate with the current threat environment. The BG Coordinator oversees the BG Unit. Plans and organizes the work and schedules for BG personnel. The BG Coordinator monitors the annual BG budget, stipends and ensures that operations are performed within the constraints of the fiscal budget. The BG Coordinator maintains a close working relationship with the RSO, post’s Budget and Finance section, and other stakeholders involved with BG funding issues. The incumbent plans and conducts security surveys, threat assessments, and security analysis. The incumbent is responsible for editing, disseminating, and maintaining written instructions to support the RSO’s mission. Security instructions include comprehensive written security surveys, orders, inclusive of route plan, region, and venue analysis. Instructions may include satellite imagery, still photography, and GPS plotting, as well as local hospitals and government installations (i.e. safe-havens). The incumbent is the primary liaison for communications with host-nation security apparatus, foreign security services, and local businesses. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating security measures with local entities to enhance post’s movement security posture.
Supplies and Maintenance of Equipment (10%)
The BG Coordinator ensures that vehicle accidents are documented (DS-1664) and that the responsible parties are debriefed by the ARSO/RSO. The incumbent closely coordinates all vehicle repairs and maintenance with the General Service Office (GSO). The incumbent ensures that vehicles are properly equipped with safety and security devices, including medical kits, oxygen tanks, encrypted radios, emergency lights/sirens, and basic roadside repair equipment. The incumbent is tasked with ensuring that all BGU personnel maintain personal responsibility for issued equipment and other USG property utilized during the performance of official duties. The incumbent assists with identifying and procuring new equipment. The incumbent ensures that all equipment is properly labelled, documented, and safeguarded. Lost, stolen, or damaged equipment must be documented and reported to the ARSO/RSO.
The incumbent ensures that all BG personnel are familiar with driving laws, regulations and cultural norms, as well as all USG regulations pertaining to motor vehicle operations. The incumbent ensures that all BG personnel hold a valid Driver’s License (if required) and that they maintain a satisfactory driving record. The incumbent is responsible for teaching training requirements and identifying professional development activities. The BG Supervisor ensures that all personnel meet DS SPE shooting requirement if the BG Unit is armed, and that personnel are proficient with operational equipment, including medical supplies, vehicle equipment, and navigation tools. The incumbent ensures that personnel maintain a working knowledge of emergency first-aid and CPR techniques. The incumbent is required to participate in initial and annual training, workshops, seminars, exercises and periodic drills
which include emergency first aid, CPR, and simulated emergency response scenarios. Additionally, the incumbent must participate in annual SPE certification. The BG Coordinator should maintain a high-level of physical fitness, presents a neat appearance at all times, paying particular attention to personal hygiene, bearing, clothing and equipment. BGU shall wear clean and neat civilian clothes, uniforms or other dress as directed, when on duty.
Specialized Security Tasks (10%)
The incumbent is responsible for managing specialized security tasks, as deemed appropriate by the RSO.
Note: The percent allocation per job area is an approximate of the expected duties but may shift over time to meet the needs of the agency. Moreover, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four years experience in the commercial body guard business, civilian or host government police or military is required.
- Education Requirements:
- High/Secondary school diploma is required (form VI) is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (speak, writing and read) in English is required and Fluent (speak writing and read) in Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have valid driver license.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Equality and Inclusion Statement: The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Certificate – High School Diploma
- Driver License
- Proof of Citizenship (NIDA, Voters ID or Passport)
- Work Permit (if not a TZ national)
- Other document (if any)
- Other Document 2 (if any)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
Leave a Reply