Are you looking for an opportunity to further your education in 2024? If so, the Funzalushaka Bursary could be perfect for you. This bursary has been designed to provide financial assistance to students who are currently studying or plan to study full-time at a South African university. The application process is now open and this article will explain everything you need to know about applying online.
The Funzalushaka Bursary offers generous benefits that can make all the difference when it comes to affording tuition fees and other educational expenses. In addition, successful applicants can expect additional support from academic advisors, career counsellors and other resources during their studies. With these benefits combined, this bursary could be just what you need to pursue higher education without worrying about finances!
To apply for the Funzalushaka Bursary, applicants must complete an online application form by October 2023. Read on to find out more about eligibility criteria and how to submit your application successfully.
Overview Of The Funza lushaka Bursary
Are you an ambitious South African, dreaming of a better future? The Funza Lushaka Bursary is here to help make your dreams come true! One of the most generous bursaries in the country, it offers a fully-funded tertiary education and unparalleled opportunities for growth. With its online application form, accessing this amazing opportunity has never been easier!
The Funza Lushaka Bursary programme was created with students like you in mind – those who want to succeed and grow but lack the means to do so. It provides full financial support for qualifying learners throughout their university journey, from registration fees to tuition costs. This incredible bursary even covers living expenses such as accommodation and meals – giving you one less thing to worry about when starting college.
With its comprehensive coverage and easy online application process, the Funza Lushaka Bursary is truly an invaluable resource for South African youth looking to pursue higher education. So don’t wait any longer; take advantage of this wonderful opportunity today! No matter what life throws at you, the Funza Lushaka Bursary can be a game changer in achieving your educational goals. Now let’s look at what eligibility requirements are needed before submitting an application…
Before you can apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, there are a few eligibility requirements that must be met.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid South African ID number
- You must be 30 years old or younger, if applying for the first time
- You must have been accepted to study towards a BEd degree or PGCE programme, specialising in at least 2 of the priority subject areas (extended programmes are not covered)
- You must have been accepted to study at a public university in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be willing to teach at any school, as selected by the Provincial Education Department (PED) You must NOT be a Higher Education Institution employees (or a spouse, dependent or child of a Higher Education Institution employee)
- You must be committed and passionate about a career in teaching, including having an interest in working with youth; enthusiasm for teaching; and be willing and ready to face challenges with integrity You must NOT have any other teaching qualifications
- You must NOT have a criminal record
- You must NOT have any charges of misconduct
- You must NOT have been dismissed from work
First time university entrants must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have passed Matric with an exemption, endorsement or bachelor degree admission You must have achieved a minimum of level 4 in Matric for 2 subjects you intend on specialising to teach Students who will specialise in Foundation Phase: you must have achieved a minimum level 2 pass for Mathematics OR a minimum level 4 pass for Mathematical Literacy AND a minimum of level 4 pass for your Home Language in Matric
- Students who will specialise in Intermediate Phase: you must have achieved a minimum level 4 pass for Mathematics AND a minimum of level 4 pass for your Home Language AND/OR a minimum level 4 pass for Science AND a minimum of level 4 pass for your Home Language in Matric
- Students who will specialise in teaching Technology subjects (including CAT, IT, and other Technical stream subjects), who did not pass these subjects in Matric: you must have achieved a minimum level 4 pass for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics in Matric
Note: if the tertiary institution’s entry requirements are higher than the bursary requirement, or vice versa, the higher requirement will apply.
New students currently at university must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have passed all subjects in the previous year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 55% for all subjects studied in the previous year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 66.6% for subjects related to the teaching area of specialisation in the previous year of tertiary study
New students enrolling for PGCE must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed a qualification that allows admission into the PGCE programme You must be studying towards the PGCE for Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (SPFET) (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
- You must have 2 priority subjects, with 1 module successfully completed at third year level, and 1 module successfully completed at second year level
- You must have sufficient modules in the priority subjects in order to qualify to teach it as a subject at school
So if you meet all the above conditions and want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity, now’s your chance! With its comprehensive coverage and easy online application process, the Funza Lushaka Bursary offers unparalleled financial support for qualifying learners throughout their higher education journey – making dreams come true one step at a time! Now let’s look into what required documents need to be submitted when applying…
Where To Apply
The Funza Lushaka Bursary application process can be completed entirely online, so you don’t have to worry about visiting any physical offices. To get started, all candidates must first create an account on the official website and log in with their username and password.
Once logged in, applicants will need to complete a few simple steps before they are able to submit their bursary request. This includes providing personal details such as name, address, contact number etc., uploading required documents, and confirming whether they meet the minimum eligibility criteria set by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
After completing these tasks, it is time to actually submit your application form – but there are still some final checks that should be done first. Make sure all uploaded documents are correct and up-to-date, and double-check each field for accuracy before pressing ‘submit’. Once everything looks good, hit send and wait for confirmation that your bursary request has been successfully submitted!
How To Submit An Application
Applying for the Funza Lushaka Bursary is an incredibly simple process – one that can be completed in a matter of minutes! Once you’ve logged into your account, all it takes is a few clicks to submit your application and begin your journey towards educational success. It’s no exaggeration to say that this efficient online system makes applying for bursaries easier than ever before.
The first step after logging in is to fill out the online form with your personal details such as name, address, contact number etc., and upload any required documents. After completing these tasks, candidates must then confirm whether they meet the minimum eligibility criteria set by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
To apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary online please follow the steps below
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2023 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Once everything looks good, hit ‘submit’ on the application form and wait for confirmation that your request has been successfully received. With just a few easy steps, you’ll have taken another major step closer to getting financial assistance from Funza Lushaka Bursary!
To access, register and apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary click here
Deadline For Submission
It’s important to note that the deadline for submitting a Funza Lushaka Bursary application is set by the Department of Basic Education (DBE), so it’s essential to be aware of when this opening and closing date are. Here’s what you need to know:
- The bursary opens up in April each year, allowing you plenty of time to prepare your documents before submission.
- The funzalushaka closing date usually falls in January, giving candidates around three months to submit their applications before they close.
- If you’re applying late in the cycle, don’t worry – if there are still some places left then they will accept your request until all available bursaries have been filled.
- Late applications may even get preference over those submitted earlier! So make sure you apply as soon as possible for the best chance at success.
- Remember – being proactive about these dates can save you from missing out on a great opportunity! With that in mind, let’s move onto learning more about the selection process…
As the old adage goes, ‘you can’t get what you don’t ask for’. That’s why it’s important to be aware of both the Funza Lushaka Bursary application process and selection criteria. Here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- The Department of Basic Education (DBE) provides an online portal for all applicants – so make sure you familiarize yourself with the funzalushaka bursary login requirements before submitting your application.
- Applicants are expected to adhere strictly to the funza online application guidelines when completing their applications – any incomplete forms will automatically be rejected.
- When selecting successful candidates, officials consider each person’s academic performance, financial need and potential contribution to society via funza applicatio.
The selection process is competitive and stringent – making sure that those who truly deserve this opportunity receive it. After applying, the next step involves waiting for notification about whether or not your request has been accepted….
What selection criteria should be applied?
The selection criteria are stipulated in the Funza Lushaka Policy. The following is a summary:
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University.
The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
Please note that you are responsible for paying your registration fee, while awaiting for the outcome of the bursary application
Funza lushaka application status
Applying for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme involves several steps, including submitting an online application and supporting documents. After submitting the application, applicants can track their Funza Lushaka application status by logging into the online application portal. The portal provides updates on the status of the application, such as whether it has been received, verified, or approved.
It is important to note that the Funza Lushaka application status may take some time to update, as the programme receives a high volume of applications. Applicants are encouraged to be patient and wait for their status to be updated before contacting the programme’s administrators. In some cases, applicants may be required to provide additional documentation or information before their application can be approved. Once an application is approved, successful applicants will be notified via email and provided with the necessary details for accessing their bursary funds.
To check the status of your application at any time, use the funza online platform to access your account details or visit the department’s website to find out more. This way, you won’t have to worry if there are delays in processing or if any documents need updating – simply log into your profile and view all necessary info regarding your funza lushaka status check.
In order to successfully complete the Funzalushaka Bursary Application for 2024 Academic year, it is important for applicants to stay informed throughout the selection process until they finally hear back from officials.
Changes In Circumstances
It is important to remember that the Funzalushaka Bursary Program recipients must stay up-to-date with any changes in their circumstances or information related to their bursaries. Any alterations, such as a change of address or academic institution could potentially delay the disbursement process, so it’s essential for applicants to notify relevant officials if and when necessary.
The following five steps should be taken by students who have applied for the 2024 Academic year:
- Monitor your profile regularly – Ensure all contact details are accurate and make sure to update them if needed.
- Notify relevant parties – Let both your department and provincial education offices know about any changes in your living or learning situation.
- Seek assistance early – If you encounter difficulties obtaining financial aid, reach out for help before falling behind on tuition payments or other fees associated with attending school.
- Stay informed – Make sure to check frequently with both funza lushaka online platform and department website for updates regarding eligibility criteria, deadlines etc..
By staying abreast of changing requirements and keeping track of personal information, successful candidates can rest assured they will receive their grants at the end of the award cycle without issue!
For those looking to apply for or renew their Funzalushaka Bursary, it’s important to keep track of necessary contact information. Here are a few tips and pointers:
1) Make sure you have the correct e-mail address associated with your profile – this is where all important notifications will be sent;
- save the Funzalushaka website URL so that you can easily access it whenever needed;
- always double-check phone numbers in case any changes have been made; and finally,
- make sure that your mailing address is up-to-date as well.
By staying organized and keeping tabs on various forms of communication, applicants can ensure they receive everything they need during each cycle of renewal. With these steps taken care of, navigating through the application process should be smooth sailing!
Helpful Tips And Advice
The Funzalushaka Bursary is an invaluable opportunity for students to access the funds they need to pursue their academic aspirations. According to a recent survey, over 80% of former bursary recipients reported that it had enabled them to achieve higher levels of success than what was previously attainable.
For those looking to make the most out of this unique program, here are some helpful tips and advice: firstly, always read through all instructions carefully as missing any details can lead to delays or even denial; secondly, try your best not to miss deadlines – submitting an application late could mean having to wait another year before you can reapply; thirdly, be sure to keep copies of all documents submitted in case there are discrepancies when reviewing applications; and last but not least, seek assistance from qualified professionals if needed.
By taking these steps into consideration, potential applicants have a greater chance of being accepted into the Funzalushaka Bursary Program. With dedication and proper preparation, achieving one’s academic goals becomes much more achievable!
Leave a Reply