HESLB Online Application 2022/23: HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
Criteria on eligibility and the application process is stipulated in the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year which can be downloaded on this link. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and make their application online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS).
The HESLB Loan Application process 2022/2023
The loan application process is denoted as below:
- To read and understand the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year
- To prepare all the attachments to support their applications (birth certificates, academic certificates, national IDs etc)
- To ensure all documents are certified by relevant authorities
- To complete and submit their applications online through OLAMS and a copy by EMS
- To visit this website for updates on their application
- To submit necessary information to Loan Officer (Registration number and bank details)
- To sign payments sent to his / her college within the stipulated time
- To inform the Loan Officer in advance, if there is any problem related to their loans
- To visit HESLB website for more information on Higher Education Loans
- To attest on correctness and authenticity of the applicant’s information
- To remind the applicant on their responsibilities
Important Instructions to All Loan Applicants
All HESLB loan applicants for Academic Year 2022/2023 are required to:-
- Read and follow application procedures stated in these guidelines;
- Ensure that the Form Four Index Number provided when applying for loan matches with the one used in your application for admission to University or College;
- Applicants who seated for Form Four Examinations more than once are required to list all Form Four Index Numbers used while applying for loan;
- Ensure that all documents submitted to support your application have been certified by relevant authorities as specified in these guidelines;
- Ensure that all birth/death certificates are certified by the Registration, Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA), or Zanzibar Civil Status Registration Agency (ZCSRA) “Wakala wa Usajili wa Matukio ya Kijamii Zanzibar “or designated officer(s) to ascertain their validity;
- Ensure all Birth certificates for students who were born in foreign countries and Death Certificates for Tanzanian Parents who died in foreign countries are certified by respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- Ensure that your loan application form is duly filled and signed before submission;
- Applications must be completed with correct (and accurate) details;
- Each applicant is advised to keep a copy of complete package of the application form submitted to HESLB for future reference (if required) and
- All applicants must strictly observe the set application deadline.
Who qualifies for HESLB Loan?
HESLB Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants must apply for loans and/or grants to meet part or full costs of their education.
In addition to general eligibility, additional criteria define NEEDY applicant who is not above 35 years of age at the time of application, also must be/have a poor:-
- Orphan who has lost both parents or partial orphan who has lost one parent. An applicant has to produce a death certificate approved by RITA or ZCSRA or respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania (URT);
- Disabled students with disability shall have to complete and present a fully Self-Disability Form (SDF-1) to be approved by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or any designated medical expert with recognized affiliations.
- Parents with disability shall have to present a Parent Disability Form (PDF-2) to be approved by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or any designated medical expert with recognized affiliations.
- From lower income household and/or marginalized communities whose secondary school or diploma education was partially or fully sponsored or supported by recognized institutions, and/or a community group, and individual(s), who can present evidence of such support.
- All applicants under this sponsorship category, will have to ask their respective sponsors to fill a Standard Corporate
- Sponsorship Form (SCSF-3) which shall be downloaded from the HESLB website and uploaded along with other attachments in the application forms. All SCSF-3 will have to be authenticated by a duly approved signatory and owner of the respective organization.
- From lower income households and/or marginalized communities, which are under Special Economic Support Programs such as Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF).They should provide the program beneficiary’s number and attach TASAF ID.
HESLB Application General Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following: –
- Must be Tanzanian;
- Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
- Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Education Institution on full time basis except for Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT);
- Must not have funding from other sources to finance his/her education;
- For undergraduate applicants, they must not have a formal or regular income from employment, either public or private sector.
- Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study;
- For a student’s loan beneficiary seeking to re-apply for a loan after dropping out from one programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of the previous loan amount before applying for a new loan. Payment of 25% of the previously granted loans is not a guarantee for new loans allocation.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Loans shall be allocated in the order of established Neediness, and programme clustering.
- Continuing Students applying for loans for the first time must have completed ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within Five (5) years, i.e. from 2017-2021 inclusive.
- All other applicants who will secure admission to pursue various degree programmes in the academic year 2022/2023 must have completed their ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within five (5) years, i.e. 2017-2022 inclusive.
HESLB Online Application 2022/23
All HESLB loan applications will be done through Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS). Applicants are REMINDED to use the same Form Four Index Number used while applying for admissions.
Upon completion of the online loan application process, applicants shall be required to print out the application forms and Loan Agreements, obtain appropriate authentications, sign the forms, attach necessary documents and upload into OLAMS.
Applicants are REMINDED to keep full set of the loan applications, attachments submitted, and EMS receipts used for mailing their applications to HESLB for reference and ease of tracking when necessary before submitting the same through EMS to:-
- The Executive Director,
- Higher Education Students’ Loans Board,
- HESLB House, 1 Kilimo Street,TAZARA Area, Mandela Road,
- P.O. Box 76068,
- Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
How to apply for HESLB Loan Application 2022/23
You can apply online via HESLB’s Online Loan Application System (OLAMS) https://olas.heslb.go.tz/ using a cellphone, tablet or computer. Follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to www.heslb.go.tz
- Step 2: Navigate to the HESLB top menu and click on the ‘Loan Application’’ tab, the dropdown menu will show up, then click the link Online Application (OLAMS) : olas.heslb.go.tz.
- Step 3: The Online Application (OLAMS) page will be open, Go to the Loan Applicants section, click Apply for Loan link and Create your SIPA HESLB OLAMS ACCOUNT . The full guide on how to create your HESLB OLAMS account is available here
- Step 4: Pay your Loan Application Fees. Applicants must pay a non-refundable, one-off application fee of TZS 30,000/= through GePG using a provided Control Number vide bank (NMB, CRDB, TPB) or mobile money networks (Vodacom M-PESA, TIGO PESA, and AIRTEL MONEY etc) for details visit: https://olas.heslb.go.tz
- Step 5: Complete the sections on the screen.
- Step 6: Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Step 7: Print out the application forms and Loan Agreements, obtain appropriate authentications, sign the forms, attach necessary documents and upload into OLAMS.
- Step 8: Click on ‘Submit’.
HESLB Loan allocations 2022/2023 – Publication of Successful Loan Applicants
A list of successful loan applicants with their corresponding allocations shall be published through the Student’s Individual Permanent Account (SIPA) used during application or on HESLB website: www.heslb.go.tz after Batch Approval.
HESLB Online Application Contacts details
For any inquiries about HESLB Application , please feel free to contact HESLB through the contacts below:
- WhatsApp: 0736 66 55 33
- Calls from any network: 022 550 7910
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply