Job PurposeAs an IT Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing IT operations in the head office and branches within the framework and policies of the IT department. The IT Operations manager’s position is to manage the support team in order to support business operations via the helpdesk, overview and maintain software administration, network infrastructure and security functions as well as to run IT and system implementation projects. This role is critical as this individual directly affects the capabilities of smooth and continuous business operations.Responsibilities and Duties
- IT support and system administration
- Revising the existing and setting up new ICT policies and procedures for the company and departments.
- Audits of IT systems.
- ICT risk assessment and management.
- Performing regular HW and SW inventories and assessments of employee/department/management needs, evaluation of the administration and user rights, performance tests.
- Full scope IT project management – budgeting, pipelining, distribution of tasks, team alignment, follow ups and reports.
- Investigation and managing implementation of new tools and systems according to department and process needs.
- Implementation and optimization of inner processes and procedures..
- Development of training and manuals to support created workflows and policies.
- Providing support and guidance of IT support via Helpdesk.
- Data and process flow visualisations and reports.
- Managing projects, accounts, agreements and licences with relatable vendors.
- Managing, leading and mentoring the IT team, growing the team in order to manage the necessary scopes.
- Working hand in hand with the Head of IT, IT department and other involved departments as well as third parties in order to reach the set objectives.
- Follow Company and IT department internal policies
- Prepare internal reports
Key performance indicators
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop the team by having monthly 1-1s, mid year appraisals, annual appraisals and giving feedback in order to continuously improve performance
- Lead, monitor and achieve agreed deliverables as per project plan and timelines
- Solution of the 90% account administration tickets within the given onboarding SLA average
- To have 100% of network and infrastructure incidents investigated and incident report provided within the SLA average
Education level:Bachelor’s degree in IT or relevant fieldExperience:
Minimum Of 4 Years Of Experience In IT
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role of IT or IT Project management and managerial role.Experience in managing system implementation projects and people managementTechnical skills:
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting technical and MS issues
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of data protection operations and system safety practices
- Hands on experience with network infrastructure and configurations
- Proficiency with Google products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive), ability to use those tools for analytics and optimization of tasks and processes.
- Experience and skills with Active Directory/MS Server
- Understanding of the methodology of IT operations standards.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and/or Google Cloud products, ability to use those tools for administration, analytics, creation and optimization of processes.
- Experience and skills with Data Studio or other data analysis and visualisation tools.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Jira, Gitlab, Spiceworks etc.
- Excellent communication skills – speech, presentation and written communication.
- High attention to detail and internal quality control.
- Strong motivational and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organisation with diverse business operations.
- Ability to analyse data and use it effectively in order to make constructive decisions and reach set objectives.
- People & Leadership Skills
- Must adhere to the company code of conduct
- Embraces, leads and embeds change
- Must actively demonstrate the values of Watu
- Must lead, attend and participate in team meetings
- Motivates, coaches and develops others
- Clear Communication and active listening skills
- Strong Ethics and Standards
Leave a Reply