The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE), Currently known as the National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) is a corporate body established by the National Council for Technical Education Act, 1997 (Act No. 9 of 1997). The Act provides a legal framework for the Council to coordinate the provision of technical education and training and establish an efficient national qualifications system that will ensure that products from technical institutions are of high quality and respond to changing needs as well as technological innovations in the world.
Technical education in this context is defined as “education and training undertaken by students to equip them to play roles requiring higher levels of skills, knowledge, and understanding and in which they take responsibility for their areas of specialization”. NACTE is thus a multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral body empowered to oversee and coordinate the provision of technical education and training in Tanzania.
The Scope of the Council
The scope of NACTE covers all tertiary education and training institutions, other than Universities and their affiliated colleges, delivering courses at the technician, semi-professional and professional levels leading to awards of certificates, diplomas, degrees, and other related awards.
The mandate of the National Council for Technical Education is derived from Cap. 129 is threefold and may be summarized as below:
Regulatory Function: to establish the regulatory framework for technical education and training, leading to quality-assured qualifications;
Quality Assurance Function: to assist technical institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programs meet labor market demand, by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
Advisory Function: to advise both Government and technical institutions on the strategic development of technical education and training can be made.
These three aspects are interrelated and together make up the core functions of NACTE; a process leading to quality assured qualifications in technical education and training in our country.
An exemplary regulatory body to oversee the quality of Technical Education and Training for National socio-economic development.
To oversee the provision of quality Technical Education and Training, through registration and accreditation of tertiary non-university institutions, and advising the Government on the development of quality technical education and training for the benefit of Tanzanians.
The mission statement is translated into the following three main objectives:-
- To establish and maintain the regulatory framework for technical and vocational-technical education and training, leading to quality-assured qualifications;
- To assist technical and vocational institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programmes meet labor market demands by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
- To advise the Government on the strategic development of technical
- and vocational education and training so that it can make informed decisions with regard to policy making
NACTE – National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) News and updates
The NACTVET – NACTE news and updates are available in this section, Diploma and certificate prospective students looking for the latest admission news from NACTE can check the article below for NACTVET – NACTE news:
NACTE – NACTVET website
NACTE – NACTVET has its own website which provides information on NACTE admission news and Various updates about Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Tanzania. The NACTVET website contains information on:
- Central Admission System (CAS)
- TVET Exhibitions Registration
- Transfer for Continuing Students
- Calendar for Important Events
- Awards Verification Number (AVN)
- Student’s Information Verification
- Academic Transcript
- Payments and Control Number
- Institution Panel
- Foreign Award Evaluation
- The list of Registered and Accredited Institutions
- Technical Teachers Registration
- TVET Teachers Online Learning portal
You can find more information on NACTE / NACTVET updates and news by visiting the official website at : https://www.nacte.go.tz/
NACTE – NACTVET contacts details
For inquiries and more information on NACTE admission 2022/2023 ,kindly contact the National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) through the contacts below:
National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET)
- P. O. Box 7109,
- Plot No. 719/1/4,
- Mikocheni Light Industrial Area,
- Dar es Salaam – Tanzania.
- Mobile: +255 22 2780 077/2780312
- Fax: +255 22 2780060
- Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +255 719 222 846, Email: email@example.com