- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Public Health Administrative Specialist (PEPFAR) (All Interested Candidates)
- Open Period:
- 03/16/2023 – 03/30/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0540 10
- TZS TSh68,676,233
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week – work scheudle
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Administrative Specialist at PEPFAR.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
The job holder is a senior program specialist and key public health technical advisor to the PEPFAR Coordination Office responsible for supporting HIV/AIDS strategic information (SI) at the interagency level in country. The job holder works at a project management level with the Ministry of Health, PEPFAR Agencies (CDC, USAID, WRAIR/DOD, and Peace Corps), implementing partners, and Government of Tanzania (GoT) counterparts to coordinate the design and ensure appropriate, high-quality implementation and strengthening of monitoring systems and evaluation projects as guided by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator and outlined by PEPFAR’s Country Operational Plan. The job holder will translate HIV-related data into compelling and digestible analyses that inform programmatic decisions, quantifying progress towards targets set for all of PEPFAR/Tanzania and the national HIV response, support PEPFAR agencies throughout the development and implementation of Tanzania’s Country Operational Plan to set and monitor targets and provide technical expertise in all aspects of strategic information for the PEPFAR program. The Specialist will take a lead role coordinating across PEPFAR Agencies to achieve quarterly reporting deliverables and to execute other annual and ad-hoc projects as required by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator. Carrying out these job functions requires public health technical knowledge, results-oriented data analysis and visualization skills, advocacy, and the ability to maintain collaborative working relationships with U.S. Government partners at implementation and national levels. The job holder will represent PEPFAR on monitoring and evaluation and strategic information issues at technical, policy, and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience specializing in monitoring and evaluation within a health-related organization, research organization, or public health implementing agency is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree or host country equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology, Public Policy, or Statistics with specialization in monitoring and evaluation is required
- LANGUAGE: Fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in English and Kiswahili is required. “This may be tested”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Equality and Inclusion Statement
The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Copy of Master’s degree
- Proof of Citizenship (NIDA, Voter ID or Passport)
- Copy of Work Permit (if not a TZ national)
- Other Document (if any)
- Other Document 2 (if any)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
Leave a Reply